Hot Air Balloon
Hot Air Balloon experience in the wilderness of Uganda in a new, unique way. Wake up early to catch the sunrise, as you silently fly over the plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park. Admire the herds of buffaloes, elephants and enjoy the serene tranquility of the African bush…
You now have the opportunity to add something to your Uganda safari: Hot air balloon Ride. You will start your flight at dawn and you adventure will last an hour.
Rise as the sun rises and floats in whatever direction the winds of the morning takes you. Fly higher than the trees and hills and enjoy the best of Uganda, with many great photo opportunities of the scenery and wildlife below.
You will be picked up at the kasenyi gate at around 5.30am and you will be given a safety briefing. Meanwhile the balloon will be being prepared now and after the briefing you will take off at around 6.15am. The balloon will rise at an altitude of about 2500ft. The flight will last about one hour and you will land at the same point you started. Every passenger will be honored with a hot air balloon safari certificate as a souvenir of this adventure.
- No minimum passengers are required. The maximum capacity of the current balloon is 16 pax. Any smaller number will be sharing with other passengers.
- The minimum age is 6 years unless under parents responsibility.
- Flights are offered daily all year round, unless the weather does not permit.
- Hot air balloon passenger flights take place in winds less than 10 knots, with no rain or approaching storms in the immediate area. Flights also require a visibility of at least 4 km.
- Should weather conditions dictate that the balloon safari may not depart; a full refund will be issued. Alternatively, if passengers have another morning to experience the balloon safari they may opt to try it again the next day (subject to availability).
- The entire experience takes 3-4 hours. Passengers are expected to be back at their lodge around 09.00-10.00 am (depending on the length of the game drive).
- What to bring: guests can only take a small day backpack, camera etc. Main luggage must be left at the lodge. No special clothing is required for hot air ballooning.
- The flight is not high enough for a change in temperature so plan to dress for the temperature of the day. Remember to bring your camera, binoculars, batteries and a protective bag.
Book now and be one of the first guests to experience this new safari experience in Queen Elizabeth National Park!